Tuesday, October 28, 2008
School Changes, Oh What a Joy!
Recently Brandon was chosen as one of 2 students to be moved to a new teacher and a new track. I was not thrilled by this, because he normally has a hard time adjusting at first. Can I just say the Lord hears and answers prayers. I went in and talked to the principle and vice principle about the situation and my concerns. There is a boy he has had great difficulty getting along with since kindergarten, and gotten in trouble for hitting him. This other boy is on the new track. I was afraid he would have more problems, because they would be around each other more often. Brandon was excited to be the one who was chosen to make this change, he likes his new teacher alot. He has gotten good reports since he has been in there. And so far has not had a problem with this other boy. I hope that continues. I had a confrontation a few weeks prior to this change with the aunt of the other boy, and it was not fun. She was pretty rude to me. She said I act like I don't care. Which really ticked me off, because she doesn't know me from Adam. She said if Brandon doesn't leave her nephew alone maybe she should tell him to fight back. I sarcastically said yeah maybe that will help. Maybe he'll learn his lesson. First of all she made it sound like it happens every day. I have a hard time believing that, or he would have been sent to the principle. Also, when it did seem more of a problem I the uncaring parent started to go to the school at recess to make sure he was behaving, and nothing happened when I was there. Of course she doesn't know that, and her brother, the boys father at that time would see me, and make comments to me that his son would never hurt anyone. He's a very shy boy. So she commented that I was uncaring, because I would not talk to him about the problem. Basically I did not feel he really wanted to listen, and had already decided that the entire thing was because of Brandon so what was I supposed to say. I did not want a confrontation, and therefore choose not to comment. If I am such an uncaring parent then why do I take the time to make sure my child does his homework, and I check it to make sure he is doing it right and understands it. I also check with his teacher daily to make sure he is behaving in school. I talked to Brandon afterwards about the situation and asked him about it, and he told me I try to leave him alone like you told me, but he won't leave me alone. He keeps wanting to be my friend. So I went back and told her what Brandon told me. And that I told Brandon to stay away from him. I also told her it's not like I can be at school all day. What do you expect me to do? I also talked to his teacher about the confrontation and the teacher, said she had problems with her the year before and one of her children. She tends to cause problems according to his teacher. We tried the old what would the Savior do, and would he want us to be unkind or hurt others. Everytime he would make friends with him, he would end up in trouble again. So then I thought not everyone gets along, and sometimes it is better to leave things alone. Supposedly they are now getting along fine and are friends. I told him what the aunt said about telling him to beat him up if it continues. I honestly think she was exagerating. I talked to the principle and vice principle about this and told them I do not want him on the same track next year. I know that there is not a whole lot of choice right now, but I want them to gaurantee I'll be able to put him on a different track next year. The principle said if there are anymore problems with that lady to let them know and they will have the police come and remove her from school property.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment