Our kitchen table was needing a refinishing so I began to do so. It started in the house and then my hubby made me take it outside and we brought the old fold out camping table. It was there for about 3 weeks. During the time of using the camping table we were sitting at it eating dinner one night and Baylee bumped the lock and down it came. I know it is a mess, but for some crazy reason I couldn't help but laugh. I told my family there will come a day when they too will look back at this and laugh. We tried to get the kids to stand up quickly, but that didn't happen. Baylee was upset,and crying, and I felt bad about that, but the mess that was created made me laugh. Who knows maybe no one else will think this was very funny. It was a good motivator for getting the table done quickly. I forgot at first I made a table out of boxes and a round piece of wood. In the last picture you can see the green seat of the table.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
The Collapsing Dinner Table
Our kitchen table was needing a refinishing so I began to do so. It started in the house and then my hubby made me take it outside and we brought the old fold out camping table. It was there for about 3 weeks. During the time of using the camping table we were sitting at it eating dinner one night and Baylee bumped the lock and down it came. I know it is a mess, but for some crazy reason I couldn't help but laugh. I told my family there will come a day when they too will look back at this and laugh. We tried to get the kids to stand up quickly, but that didn't happen. Baylee was upset,and crying, and I felt bad about that, but the mess that was created made me laugh. Who knows maybe no one else will think this was very funny. It was a good motivator for getting the table done quickly. I forgot at first I made a table out of boxes and a round piece of wood. In the last picture you can see the green seat of the table.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad that you could see the humor in the moment. Sometimes it takes time for others to be able to laugh. Since you are blogging these moments your family will be able to look back and remember...and hopefully laugh.
Post a Comment